Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Taylor's Speech before Delicate in Tampa, FL on August 14, 2018

"Well, Tampa, I’m having so much fun so far tonight! What about you? So, the last time that I was here to play a show, it was on a tour called the 1989 World Tour. Was anyone here tonight at that show? Alright, is there anyone here tonight who’s never seen me in concert before tonight? That’s a lot of new friends, thanks for coming guys. Just to fill you in on what happened last time, I was playing on Halloween night, and my chosen costume was Olaf from Frozen, it was a very, very sexy costume. All the dancers were dressed as reindeer, it was a whole thing. But tonight, and I loved that show and I loved that crowd, but tonight, we’re a few songs in and I can already tell this crowd is so going for it, this crowd is insane. And this is a Tuesday, this is what you guys are serving up on a Tuesday, this is amazing. On this tour, it’s one of my favorite things about this tour, first of all this is my first stadium tour, I’ve never done a tour that’s all stadiums before, its the coolest feeling. And one of the things I wanted to do going out on this stadium tour, I realized that stadiums are, to state the obvious, very, very big place to play, and so I wanted to be able to see every person in the stadium. And so I don’t know if you noticed, but you have light-up bracelets on your wrist, and the reason for that is because I wanted to see every single person. So if you'e in the top deck, last row, I can see you, you look great, I can see when you’re dancing, when you’re singing, when you’re moving, and it’s the nicest feeling, feeling connected to you guys. I think that’s the basis of songwriting, I think that’s why I like it so much, and why I’ve liked it so much since I was 12 and I started writing. I like it because I could be feeling something that feels so isolating, something at three in the morning, where I write a song because I’m confused, lonely, or upset, and then I could fast-forward a couple of years and I’ll be standing on a stage and you guys are singing the words of that song back to me, and it’s insane. And I just really appreciate you guys taking the time out of your lives to want to be here tonight, making the effort to memorize lyrics to these songs, and then the end result is that we’re all standing in this stadium, screaming the words to these songs that are all written about these feelings that are, you know, pretty delicate."



No comments:

Post a Comment