Saturday, September 1, 2018

Taylor's speech before Tied Together With A Smile in Minneapolis on September 1, 2018

"So one thing I’ve been loving about this tour that’s so, so, so much fun for me is, and I actually got this idea from you guys, because you kept saying on Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, ‘we want to hear old songs we haven’t heard in a while!’ So I was like, 'okay! That’s a good idea! So we’ll do that.’ So this tour I’ve been playing songs I haven’t played in five years, 10 years, three years, four years, whatever, 13 years! And so tonight I want to play one that’s um, really pretty old, on my first album. And you know, one thing that I have noticed in my life is that you can never judge what somebody else is going through. Even if they seem like they have it all together, they seem like, 'how could they ever have any problems?’ like you’re looking at somebody who maybe is really beautiful, or seems like they have it all together, maybe they have a life that you’re really envious of. But I’ve learned that, you know, appearances aren’t everything, and just because someone looks happy doesn’t mean they are, or just because somebody looks confident doesn’t mean they are. And there’s so much pressure on everyone these days to have it all together, to have a perfect body, a perfect life, to know exactly where they want to go with their life. And I think the stress and the pressure of not being able to say that they’re hurting has really taken a toll on a lot of people. So I’m asking you to just try and be kind to yourself, just know that there are so many people who are going through the exact same thing that you might be going through, whatever it is. This is called Tied Together with a Smile."

No comments:

Post a Comment