Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Taylor introducing ‘All Too Well’ at the ATT/TS Now Chicago fan event

“You know it’s interesting, looking back on writing a lot of songs about my life because when I first played it live, I’m obviously thinking about that experience that I had that inspired the song. That basic, initial experience that I had that I was writing about. Then it kind of, over time, it morphs? Because first of all, time helps you get over things, right? You hope! Hopefully! That’s the dream. But basically, I think that as time passes, what’s so weird, is that like, my memory that when I relive a certain song, or when I play a certain song, changes from being about a person that was in my life, or an experience I had originally, and it kind of morphs into like, times I’ve played the song and heard you singing it back super loud. So there’s a song that I wrote that thankfully you guys seem to like, which is so nice, and it’s a song that originally was a song when I played it, it was like ahhhhgghghhh, owwww, and now, I play it and I think of the times I’ve played it in a stadium or an arena or my living room with you guys screaming the words back to me. And so it changed it, and I wanted to thank you for changing it because it’s kind of nice to sing a song that you’re proud of, but not feel pain while you sing it. It’s very nice. With that in mind, this is called All Too Well.”

No comments:

Post a Comment