Sunday, August 26, 2018

Taylor’s speech before “Dancing With Our Hands Tied” in Nashville, August 25th

"Guys… remember to hydrate tonight. Okay? It’s really warm tonight. So, I’m gonna let you know something, really kinda behind the scenes. I have this in-ear monitors in my ear and um, my sound guy just said, ‘Taylor, your guitar is messed up. They’re gonna get you a new one.’ So that’s that. One second.  Some confetti from… earlier. Alright, as I was saying Nashville, is it okay if I were to have a moment just with you and my guitar? Oh, good! So, as I was saying earlier, but as I started writing songs in Nashville, we have amazing writers here, like I started writing when I was 12 in Pennsylvania and then I got here and um… and I thinks something I took away from learning to write here and spending years co-writing and just trying to learn, you know - I had a publishing deal before I had a record deal, so… I was a songwriter first and I still think of myself as a songwriter first and when I write songs, you know, one thing that’s been so, so wonderful is that I’ve been allowed to experiment with sounds I’m creating, and you know, switching genres and things like that and I wanna say thank you to you guys for allowing me to experiment. And I feel like if you write a song, starting with one instrument, you know - I always go to guitar and piano first, no matter what you add to it afterwards, the song in theory should be able to go back to its original form and still sound alright. You be the judge." 

No comments:

Post a Comment